American Idol 11: Say Hello to Your Top 13

Have you ever walked into Dunkin Donuts just to get a drink and you end up behind a group of idiots who take 10 minutes to decide which donut varieties they want in their baker's dozen? Well, multiply that by 12 and you have tonight's results show.

This was literally two hours of Ryan putting people into groups, recapping their performances and then telling them to go sit down in either the winners' stools or the losers' couches. (I feel like that's backwards. Shouldn't the winners get to be more comfortable?) We also got to see taped segments of Jimmy Iovine giving these coddled contestants a much-needed reality check that they're not quite as amazing as the judges would have them believe. I appreciated the refreshing honesty and mostly agreed with his comments (some people are boring, some people are cheesy, there are too many Adele wannabes), but I didn't quite understand his problem with Heejun being a "comedian." I'm not sure how having a fun personality is a bad thing. It certainly doesn't affect vocal skill.

Anyway, let's see how my predictions stacked up against the actual Top 13...
Predictions Actuals
Top 10:
Colton Dixon
Eben Franckewitz
Reed Grimm
Jen Hirsh
Jermaine Jones
Skylar Laine
Shannon Magrane
Phillip Phillips
Jessica Sanchez
Elise Testone

Wild Cards:
Hollie Cavanagh
Heejun Han
Joshua Ledet
Top 10:
Hollie Cavanagh
Colton Dixon
Heejun Han
Jermaine Jones
Skylar Laine
Joshua Ledet
Shannon Magrane
Phillip Phillips
Jessica Sanchez
Elise Testone

Wild Cards:
Deandre Brackensick
Jeremy Rosado
Erika Van Pelt

Not too shabby, eh? I got 10/13 total, even though all of my wild card picks actually ended up making it through on votes. I'm a little surprised that the pedos and tweenieboppers didn't push Eben through, but I'm certainly not unhappy that he got dumped! I mentioned before that if anyone was going to mess up my predictions, it would be Deandre. I almost made him a wild card, thinking that possibly Heejun had a big enough following to get through on votes. I also toyed with the idea of leaving Reed off the list, but I thought he was way too popular to not make it through. Guess not.

In closing, I'd just like to say to Brielle Von Hugel: HA-ha!

Next week, the boys will sing Stevie Wonder songs, while AI will capitalize on Whitney Houston's death by having the girls tackle her catalog. Early drinking game ideas: do a shot every time J.Lo fake-cries; chug a beer every time Randy tells a girl that she can never compare to Whitney.


Find more Idol news and recaps at SirLinksaLot.

Comments

Cora said…
Oh my God. They're making them sing Whitney?! I can't think of anything more tacky.

You did better on your predictions than I did. I got 9 out of 13. I got the girls right, except for the wild card pick, but I was WAY OFF on the guys. I was sure the country boy would make it because McCreepy won last year and I figured the fact that Adam kept bawling would make the Gokey fans pull for him. However, I'm happy I was wrong. This is a better group of guys than the ones I envisioned.... although I'm bummed Creighton isn't in because I wanted to see what that guy could really do. Oh well.
Anonymous said…
BERRIRO..he's with POPERS like you?
WHITE TRASH with BLACK CROW?
And CK..it's his COMPANY of UNDES!
Let's HEARR it for UNDES!
And now your QUEEN trashes you all.
With MARY PAT.
And that means THAT HAT is OFF and OUTTE!
OUTTE BRIEF CANDLE!
OUTTE BUTCHER- BAKER- CANDLESTICK MAKER!
OUTTE PHOKER- PHOKST- ROCUNROL!
OH BABY- ROCUNROL!
THE POP EYE!
Let's do RICK the PRICK!
Let's do RICK the PRICK!
SWING IT!
RING IT!
COCK- A- DOO- DELL - DOO!
COCK- A- DOO- DELL - DOO!
Let's do RICK the PRICK!
Scope said…
I'm just thrilled Eben didn't make it. I know I sound evil.

I vote now, "No More Adele."

And Jimmy Iovine, I think if you want the rules changed on allowing contestants to try again changed, you may have a little more clout with the producers than I do.
DrillerAA09 said…
Throw back a wine cooler every time Steven says, "beautiful".