And The American Idol Finale Winner Is...

Yeah, so Phillip Phillips was crowned the American Idol about an hour ago. Everyone knows this. And some of us *ahem* predicted it quite some time ago. It was fairly anti-climactic. And even though Phillip(s) won the competition, he didn't win the NIGHT. Not by a long shot.
The real winner(s) of the American Idol Finale are Fantasia + Mantasia. Together at last! Their version of Elton John's "Take Me to the Pilot" (henceforth known as "Take Me Take Me Yeah Yeah Yeeeeeeah Whooooaaaaaa Yeah to the Take Me Take Me Yeah YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH Uhhhhh Whoaaa Ohhh Mmmm Huh Yeah Yeah YEAH") was the g-d funniest thing I've seen/heard in a long-ass time. Oh man. The wailing. The grunting. The growling. The wailing. The costumes. (Apparently there isn't enough fabric in the world to cover Fanny's legs.) The jerky dance moves. The wailing. Fantasia's weave. The way they got cut off at the end for refusing to shut up. The wailing. I only wish that Lord Cowell had been around to witness it. In his honor, I give the performance 4 WTFs.


I may have an actual recap of the Finale at some point tomorrow but, as usual, it was mostly pointless filler. This was truly the best part. Unless you count Jessica Sanchez attempting to out-diva crazy Jennifer Holliday while trying to remain a safe distance from her horse mouth. That was pretty hilarious as well.


Find more Idol news and recaps at SirLinksaLot

Comments

Anonymous said…
absolutely the funniest review of AI I have ever read, I think I need to change my pants!!!!
I didn't watch five minutes of the entire season. Not five minutes.
I think it jumped shark after Glambert.

Having said that, I had no idea who won last night and guess where I came this am to find out.
Scope said…
What was up with the outfits last night? Fantasia? Chaka Khan? Skylar Laine? Aweful!

Reba broke the string.
Cora said…
I honestly don't know who frightened the shit out of me more: Jennifer Holliday and her possessed llama expressions or Mantasia and Fantasia (in that catsuit!) screaming like toddlers in a temper tantrum contest.

Wow. Scary.
Anonymous said…
Well looky here!
SCOPE AGAIN!
We can't lose you even to the DOGS!
Even to all that STEAMING DISCO JUNK!
You know it as DSTHEYST and FOCK WORMS with COMSTUL MEESE and THE DARK HAMMER!
PECKORE, too.
RPORKET - PORKMJ- PORKELA - BACEN-
LA VIANDE-
But I sidetrack.
THE POP EYE!
FUCKING A- MANN!
We got the POPER BLOG with HEPOPADU -
POP GOES THE WEASEL!
And that's a RICK the PRICK special with COMIA- ONSLYU !
It's ONOLAND!
SOFARLAND!
EASYLAND!
WONDERLAND !
FUNDLAND !
It's EXPLOSIVES with MOBECO- EDMOB- COMIESSE
for TWAT- BEVERS- KUNTNESS- CUNTSE- NICE-
NYSSE!
WINGU- DINGU- " TO DIE YOUNG"!
LA STAMPA with SSTAN- ROBERTA RAMM!
And the DEER..are you " RED- DY"?
THERL- TOHERL !!!!
JONSO- POPPINDA!
POPPA GOT A BRAND NEW BAG!
ARKSHOS !
ARKSHOS !
ARKSHOS !
ENERGY!
ENERGY!
With GEOGYPSY - RGYCO - RGYCA- RGYFR!
FUCKING A- MANN!
FUCKING A- MANN!
FUCKING A- MANN!
John said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sofie said…
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I haven't kept up with American Idol since Taylor Hicks won, so I have no idea who these people are, but, Phillip PHILLIPS? Wow. Phillip Phillips. That's a mouthful.
And Fantasia and Mantasia... that almost sounds like a parody to me.
Than's for the recap!
Scope said…
I'm trying a "Cyber Monday" challenge for bloggers. Will you take the challenge?

Read more on my blog, SCOPE-TECH

Want to know something only a deadman would say?

"You know, this would be a cool blog if it had pictures."
Chancelucky said…
Beckeye,
you're probably not here much these days, but I was sorry to hear about Michael Johns passing away. For some reason, you were the first person I thought of when I heard the news.
BeckEye said…
Ugh, that's awful news. I hadn't thought about Michael in a long time, but that's so sad. A blood clot of all things. That stuff scares the crap out of me.