Saturday, October 22, 2005

Call Now to Receive this Fantastic Employee!

K-Tel Makes a Comeback
Don't call it a comeback, K-Tel's been here for years, rockin' their peers, puttin' suckas in fear.

According to the above-linked story, BCI Eclipse just inked a licensing agreement with K-Tel that will allow the label to release compilation records under the more recognizable K-Tel name. Post Generation Y-ers probably have no clue who K-Tel is or what I'm talking about right now, and that is a shame. But I can't worry about them right now. I'm looking for a job.

BCI Eclipse - I don't think I'm being overly confident when I say that you need me. Read my post about the mix tape/CD. I rock. Compilations are my thing. I can come up with themes that your overpaid execs could never even imagine. Hell, I'll even make the cover art for the records myself. Who needs graphic designers? I can do it all.

Hey VH1, this doesn't mean that I don't still want to work for you. My goal is to be a freelance everything. I'm still waiting for your call. Same goes for you Mr. Travolta. I'm still very interested in the personal masseuse position that you never advertised.

5 comments:

Johnny Wadd said...

When i was a kid my parents used to have a boat and they were friends with the owner of K-tel. The owner had a son who was my age and we hung around. He was a bad ass spoiled rich kid with a big file down at the juvenile center. Always in and out of trouble, all those records must have made him nuts.

Kel said...

LOL that's a funny one too. Such a good movie.

VH1 isn't as watched as MTV. I like both if you ask me.

You have a cool blog. Blogroll me!
Kel

Neo said...

Becky - Yeah K-Tel is old school. I love the attitude. Tell them you own them and make them knock on YOUR door.

"I can do it all."

Yeah!

My thinking is: Who needs a record label?

LOL

Les said...

Let's get them to agree to re-recording "TV Themes from the 70's & 80's" under the Hohmann-Becker Production label!

Do you sing, Beck?

Bar Bar A said...

What Neo said!!!

 

Who Does This Broad Think She Is?

My photo
I am a winsome muse who was sent to Earth to inspire an artist to turn a vacant building into the world's coolest disco roller rink. We fell in love along the way, and I foolishly gave up my immortality. When the disco craze ended and all the roller rinks were shut down, that lazy bum wouldn't get a job. We broke up and I was stuck on Earth with nothing to do and no one to inspire. So, now I write a blog.

What Do Others Think of BeckEye?

"You're like an idiot savant of terrible garbage entertainment." - Falwless

"You're my hero." - Candy

"Get yourself a life. Better yet.....eff off." - Ann Onymous

"There's no one like you." - Klaus Meine