Forgotten Classic Video of the Week

For those of you who could've sworn this started as a "Video of the MONTH" deal, you're not crazy. It was to be a monthly post. But I've been getting so much enjoyment from looking for old vids on YouTube that I've decided that one per month just isn't enough. (It's also a sneaky way to ensure that I post to this blog at least once a week, in case I have nothing else interesting to talk about.) Hopefully I won't burn through my favorites so quickly that I run out of good videos in a month or two!

So now, that's out of the way. On to this week's video.

You've probably seen mention of this song in several of my other blog posts. I've always had trouble picking a "favorite song," but if I were forced to pick my favorite '80s song, it would be this one - Charlie Sexton's "Beat's So Lonely." I had quite a crush on Charlie back in the day. He's equal parts Eddie (Michael Pare) Wilson, Donovan Leitch, Billy Idol and, since he's a bit more androgynous and model-esque than The King, Lisa Marie Presley.

Enjoy! But don't ever ask him to play this song live. Unless you want to be "shushed."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, well! I can see yow you had a thing for him back in the day. This is a very fun song that I had not heard...since the 80's!!!!

Great choice. Sounds like there's a story behind asking him to play this live...do tell!
ohh, I had a thing for Charlie Sexton, too.

He was on Austin City Limits (PBS) not too long ago.
Damn, I haven't heard this song since I had vinyl. I used to play this, Steve Jones and some Aussie group that did the song "Out Of Mind, Out of Sight."

Jeez, is hair mousse still around???
Martin said…
Yup, it's on my iPod. Gotta love the backing vocals. I think the scariest thing about the song is that Sexton was only 16 when it was released as the first single from his Pictures For Pleasure album.