I Miss the Fashionable Gowns

So folks, I am out of the hospital. I was sprung on Wednesday afternoon. Hopefully now this medical drama is over. Speaking of medical drama, if anyone has ever been to the NYU Medical Center ER....did you feel like you walked into an episode of Grey's Anatomy? Like 70% of the staff there is unreasonably good looking. (No Patrick Dempsey, sorry to say.) The rest of the hospital is fairly normal, but the ER is apparently where all the hotties work. One doctor looked like the love child of Scott Foley and Patrick Muldoon, and a med student who came by to check on me had the Freddie Prinze, Jr. vibe going on. And it wasn't just the men, I had a beautiful, Russian lady doc helping me out. She wasn't Zeta-Jonesy enough to make me switch teams, but who knows what would have happened had they given me some morphine or valium or medicinal marijuana. Then again, I was looking like ass, so it wasn't really an opportune time for me to be flirting with anyone - man, woman or transgender.

Oh, and for anyone who thinks the hospital is a good place to get some rest...it's not. Nothing like a 3 am blood pressure check to disrupt your sleep.

Thanks to all who expressed their concerns for me!

Comments

Masha said…
glad that you're back and feeling better!
Les Becker said…
Welcome home - and back to Blogdom. We missed you.
Rex Venom said…
Hospital love life and free enemas. What more could an adventurer of life ask for?
Rock on!
Anonymous said…
There's some kind of law that says ER staff, EMTs and fire fighters have to be really good looking. Maybe it stimulates some sort of healing process in the patients or something...

Glad your back!!!
Salute! Salud! Asante'! Here's to your health and here's to you!
Neo said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Neo said…
Becky - I hear ya, my mom just went through something at a hospital recently, she said the same thing about getting sleep. Nothing like your own bed eh?

Hope you're feeling better.

Have a great weekend.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo
Happy Villain said…
Oh, I'm so glad you're home and okay! Are you sure, given the scenery of the hospital, you aren't feeling like a few more healthy days aren't required? Forget resting. How about the view! :)

Feel completely better soon!
LoraLoo said…
Glad to hear you're back and feeling much better.

I had surgery a few years ago and had one of the hottest.surgeons.ever, and was absolutely mortified he saw me naked (cause that hospital gear is so coverall and flattering, right?).

We're just all glad to see you back around these parts. :)
Metal Mark said…
Glad you are doing better.