Who, Me? Quirky?

Here's hoping that 2007 is the year that Writeprocrastinator becomes Memeprocrastinator. Yep, he tagged me again. Well, I guess it's my own fault for being so damn fascinating.

Once again, I'm going to try to tailor this meme to a pop-culture format. The purpose this time is to come up with six strange quirks about myself. As if six would even come close to scratching the surface...

The Six (Pop) Quirks of BeckEye:

1. I've never joined a fan club or written a "fan letter." Even though I've been in love with John Travolta since I was 5, I've never written him a soppy, gushing letter or tried to get an autographed photo. Even though it would probably save me money and time in regards to concert tickets, I've still never joined Pearl Jam's Ten Club. I just recently signed up for the Glenn Tilbrook Yahoo! Group at someone's suggestion, but that's not really a "fan club," just more of an online community. I think I have problems with commitment. I can't even fully commit to my obsessions! Does that make me an Obsessprocrastinator?

2. Sometimes I still pretend I'm a rock star onstage when I'm belting out a song, whether it's in my room, in the shower or in my car.

3. I'm strangely proud of the fact that I've never watched an episode of Survivor, yet I'll willingly clog my brain with crap like American Idol, America's Next Top Model and all those Road Rules/Real World challenges.

4. I've never seen any of the Godfather movies all the way through, and I probably never will unless someone ties me to a chair and makes me.

5. My CDs have to be in alphabetical order or I will spaz.

6. I really hate Tweety Bird. I know it's probably pointless to truly hate something that isn't even real, but I do. I hate him/her/it. I want Tweety to die. I'm still holding out hope that there will be a "Lost Looney Tunes" cartoon where Sylvester finally catches Tweety and goes medieval on his/her/its ass.

Now I'm supposed to tag six more people. However, in the spirit of the season, my Christmas gift to everyone is letting you all off the hook. Of course, you can use the meme if you want to willingly tell everyone what makes you tick. Or tic.

Comments

Neo said…
Becky - If I started ticking then I might get worried and call the cops in to defuse my Irish ass.

I have all of the Godfather movies, but like you I haven't watched them all the way through either. What's up with that?

I once wrote a fan letter in one of my book but never mailed it. It kind of funny when I zip through stuff I've jotted down and find it. Makes ya feel like kind of a tool.

Have a great Christmas.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo
"I guess it's my own fault for being so damn fascinating"

That you are, and not just in a pop cultural and purple sort of way.

"Does that make me an Obsessprocrastinator?"

Whoa, we're related???

"I really hate Tweety Bird."

I can't stand the Roadrunner or Jerry of "Tom and" fame. Tweety was hilarious during his first four cartoons. Do you remember, "he fall down and go...BOOM?!"

An excellent meme and thanks for humoring me, cousin. If you don't post between now and the big day, have a Merry Christmas!
RUNS THROUGH THROWING SNOWFLAKES AND TINSEL...MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Liz Hill said…
I am SO number 2!!