Forgotten Classic Video of the Week

I'm posting my video of the week today instead of the usual Tuesday, because I don't want it getting lost in all the American Idol recap madness. I have been looking for this vid on YouTube forever and someone finally posted it this month. The video quality isn't perfect, it's a little too bright in spots, and ends rather abruptly but - believe me - I'm not complaining! Behold the magic of John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John, singing their duet from Two of a Kind, "Take a Chance."

Watching this again makes me wonder why John Travolta and John Cougar never had a ladder dance-off. Hmm.



It also reminds me that I should really sue the director, David Mallet, because he basically ripped off my longest-running recurring dream. I won't though, because he directed a lot of other great videos...some of which have caused me to have recurring dreams. Billy Idol in the shower! Joe Elliott in tight, white pants! The Wilson sisters welding! (I wanted to be Nancy Wilson for a short time, if you must know.)

Comments

Lee Ann said…
I love those...they look so young!!!
PA said…
That's so tragic, love it.
Oh how that man can dance.
Anonymous said…
Sorry .... just barfed ... I liked the song "Twist of Fate".

The aliens came down and taught John Travolta to dance.

~Jef
John Left said…
Whoa. . .early 1980s flashback. Damn, Olivia was HOT back then. So-so song from a movie that should've been much better. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
LoraLoo said…
Those two had such an incredible charisma together. I'm almost surprised they never ended up dating.

The video was seriously cheesy, totally indicative of it's decade...