Birthday Cake in Bed and Video Hotness

C'mon, Glenn...50 isn't that bad.
Happy Birthday to the fabulous Glenn Tilbrook, who turns 50 today! Just 10 years ago, I probably thought that 50 was ancient, but now I've come to the realization that it's just a number...and one that I will hit sooner than I'd like. Well, to hell with numbers and wrinkles and ageists (oh my)! Glenn will remain forever young, thanks to his boundless energy, baby face, and sublime, angelic voice. As a brilliant YouTube commenter recently put it, Tilbrook is one tasty biscuit.

Hey Glenn, since I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday in advance when we met earlier this month, I am going to have to request a do-over. I know you're in the middle of a tour and all, but this is important.

Now, in lieu of the "forgotten classic" video this week, I'm posting a just-plain-forgotten Squeeze vid that will both honor Glenn's big day and help us all usher out the summer. I just discovered that someone recently posted this to YouTube and, now that I've finally stopped squealing with delight, I think I'm stable enough to post it here. Not only is "Footprints" one of my favorite Squeeze songs, but the video was filmed on one of Glenn's best hair days ever. It's also proof that snow can actually be smoking hot. Hard to believe this came out 20 years ago.

Comments

Oooo that is good hair!

I am getting dangerously close to Glenn's vintage, so of course I can vouch for how hot an age that is.
Martin said…
ummm... this was a good hair day? Great song, though. They really need a more extensive singles collection. And I need to write him to try to get him on the show.
Dale said…
Yes. Cake. Thanks.
Cup said…
Happy birthday, Glenn! We're just 18 months apart, so I think I'm way more appropriate for you than that child-woman BeckEye. Plus, you've seen my ............

I love "Footprints," too. I'm gonna be singing it all day.
Anonymous said…
Footprints is a great song. Back in the day "Babylon and On" was in high rotation on my tape deck.
Anonymous said…
Don't trust anyone over thirty!
Down with the Establishment!
Evil Genius said…
It is also the birthday of Van Morrisson, Buddy Hackett, James Coburn, Deborah Gibson and Itzahk Perlman. Odd that I would know which famous people were born on Aguat 31.
deadspot said…
Debby Gibson counts as a famous person? Really?

Hey, Becks. If you get a chance, shoot me a gmail. The link's in my profile.
Anonymous said…
beth said:
"I'm way more appropriate for you than that child-woman BeckEye."

Beckeye is a child-woman?
Like Nabakov child-woman?
Or
Like Wernicke Korsakoff syndrome child-woman?
I really don't get why everyone loves Squeeze so much, but I'm all for the celebration of mediocrity, as it brings me that much closer to the bright lights of fame.
If I was a chick or a gay man I'd be tempted to have black coffee in bed with Glenn.
Evil Genius said…
Deadspot,

I went back and forth on that. I left her in out of pitty.

-EG
BeckEye said…
Barbara - 50 is the new 30, I hear.

80s Nut - Don't even diss the hair. Remember, if you get him on your show you have to invite me so I can get on him.

Dale - You can have the cake, I'll stick with the eye candy.

Beth - Musicians never do what's appropriate. I'm hoping to get very inappropriate with him if we meet again. No, WHEN. When we meet again.

Molie - Yes, it's so underappreciated.

Rhet - Well, that would mean that I can't even trust myself. And I probably shouldn't.

Evil Genius - But none of them are hot.

Deadspot - She's Deborah now, deadspot. Gosh. Don't be so insensitive.

BP & VD - It's Sting who doesn't want a child-woman like myself standing too close to him. Glenn encourages closeness, and I oblige.

Pistols at Dawn - Well, you're entitled to your opinion. But I feel obliged as a decent human being to tell you that you're so horribly wrong.

Dr. Monkey - You are a very honest, well-adjusted man. I dig that.
Liz Hill said…
Oh My YESSSSSS

And pistols --just sad dude.
Tenacious S said…
This came out 20 years ago? Time flies. Love "Footprints" too!
kellypea said…
Yes, Beckeye, that "number" happens to the best of us! And it's not so bad.
So are you like stalking Glenn now? Are we going to have to pull an intervention?
BeckEye said…
Turnbaby - Exactly. On both counts.

Tenacious S - Yep...hard to believe, eh?

Kellypea - I can't wait until Britney hits 50.

CP - I wouldn't intervene, if you know what's good for you.