Forgotten Classic Video of the Week (and Some Pointing and Laughing)

Today's video was inspired by a juicy little news item posted on VFTW yesterday. Seems that Dadchuleta (remember that crazy, Bonaduce-looking bastard, Idol fans?) got caught with his pants down, literally, at a Utah "massage parlor." I guess since Little Archie lost the AI crown to David Cook last year, Dadchuleta had to go looking for his happy ending elsewhere. Well, he found it. Unfortunately for him, his magic rainbow led him straight to court, where he paid a $582.00 fine and pleaded no contest, which is, as his idiot lawyer so eloquently put it,"Not a not guilty plea by any means, it's not a guilty plea by any means...it's just saying 'I don't want to deal with it'." In other words, he knows he's guilty but he doesn't have the balls to admit it. It's the Fonzie defense, for people who can't say they're wr-r-r-r-r....wr-r-r-r-r.

I was looking for a video that would somehow tie into all of this mess and was bummed to find out that there isn't an official video (at least not one that the Internetz knows about) for Quarterflash's "Night Shift," the theme song from the brilliantly funny film of the same name. That led me to Google search for "songs about prostitution," and I was pleased to find many. I thought about posting "Family Man" by Hall & Oates because that seemed so appropriate, but I effing hate that song. So, I just went with one that I've actually been thinking about posting for a while - Nick Gilder's "Hot Child in the City". Enjoy.

Comments

Dr Zibbs said…
Haven't heard that cheesy ass song in a long time.
I suppose the same people that thought Adam was straight and they had a shot with him will buy "It's not a guilty plea by any means."
Gwen said…
Running wild, looking pretty!

Totally forgotten.
I had to watch it before I knew the song. I think I'm terrible at titles.

Also...that's a guy?
Claire said…
I don't think I've heard that song since the late 80s. I guess I never realized that it was about prostitution, but duh.
Bar L. said…
Oh wow! A true blast from the past.
Billy said…
1. I didn't realize this song was about prostitution, either. (And where are the Solid Gold dancers??)

2. I can listen to everything Hall + Oates ever did and enjoy it either with a sense of true respect, a sense of true irony, or both simultaneously. In fact, with the Journey revitalization currently coursing through our culture, I have to think Darryl + John will be swept up in the moment very soon. Prepare to hear a lot of "Private Eyes" very soon!
I had Dadchuletta pegged as a "rub and tug" kinda guy all along.

Can you hear the broom trying to sweep this one under the rug?
Fancy Schmancy said…
That was completely forgotten, also I always thought it was a chick singing.
mylittlebecky said…
fonzie! aaaaah hahahahaha! giggling still.
Dale said…
An inspired choice by the creepy Nick Gilder. I loved this song but was never a hot child in the city, country or anywhere else.
$582.00 doesn't seem so bad, actually. I will bear that in mind.
Tootsie said…
I think Nick Gilder and Tom Petty came from the same prostitute mother.
I've never heard that shit in my life. He looks like David Cassidy's androgynous brother.
RedCurlGirl said…
hahahah LOVE IT. that story on daddy archie was pretty ridiculous when i saw it in the paper the other day.
Alice said…
my favorite part of this is that you googled "songs about prostitution."

(last night i googled "how do you get eye herpes")
Cora said…
Well, well, well, Mr Archuleta. I honestly can't say I'm surprised. He always seemed like a child-beater and adulterer to me. Couldn't stand him from day one.

Btw, you've been linked. MWAHAHAHA!!!! :-P