Saturday, February 27, 2010

Forgotten Classic Video of the Week

This is going to be my last post for a few days. I'm moving back to Pittsburgh on Sunday, so I'll be offline until Monday or Tuesday.

I thought this song - Michael Stanley Band's "My Town" - was appropriate, considering I'm going back to ye old hometowne and people are constantly asking me why I would be so crazy as to leave the center of the universe, otherwise known as New York City. Well, I have mixed emotions about it. I love the Big Apple, but I think I'm ready to go back home. When I moved here, I never intended to stay forever, but it's still hard to leave. But I'm sure that once I get back to the 'Burgh, everything will be fine. NYC has definitely become a second home, but it can never replace my real home.

Despite the fact that Michael Stanley's town is Cleveland (Pittsburgh's arch-rival!), I've always loved this song. I don't think I'd ever seen the video until today, so maybe it will be new to some of you as well. Sorry about the quality...seems like the video and audio are a bit out of sync, but this is the only version I could find online.

9 comments:

CDP said...

So you are moving back; I saw that you were on your way to Pittsburgh and wondered if it was a visit or a move. Good luck with the move, and if you get tired of pop culture, a return to the hometown after years in NYC would be an excellent blog topic.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Pittsburgh!! I miss it, all my family is there.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Do you need some help? The Spousal Unit has a truck.

SkylersDad said...

Good luck with the move home, I hope it all goes well!

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

That's a great song! I wish I had a hometown, instead of a homemetropolis.

Good luck with the move!

オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

That song has got to be in a bad 80's movie montage. Perfect.

J. Hi said...

Hope your move went well! :)

Alice said...

hope the move went well! as much as i adore NYC, i don't actually know how people can manage to live there long term. i feel like i'd come to hate / resent all the things i love about it when i visit.

 

Who Does This Broad Think She Is?

My photo
I am a winsome muse who was sent to Earth to inspire an artist to turn a vacant building into the world's coolest disco roller rink. We fell in love along the way, and I foolishly gave up my immortality. When the disco craze ended and all the roller rinks were shut down, that lazy bum wouldn't get a job. We broke up and I was stuck on Earth with nothing to do and no one to inspire. So, now I write a blog.

What Do Others Think of BeckEye?

"You're like an idiot savant of terrible garbage entertainment." - Falwless

"You're my hero." - Candy

"Get yourself a life. Better yet.....eff off." - Ann Onymous

"There's no one like you." - Klaus Meine