Name That Tune Part II

Someone asked me the other day, in between bong hits, "where are the '60s songs, man?" Maybe my original lyrics quiz was a bit ageist? It's possible. So, I've decided to tack on a '60s section as well as lyrics of the New Millennium, for those of you with a short attention span. Since I had 3 segments in the last quiz ('70s, '80s and '90s) and I get very anal about stupid things like keeping everything "even", I'm going to make up a 3rd category. I'm not going for '50s songs, so I've decided that the final category will be Movie Song lyrics. In keeping with my ageist attitude, all movies that these songs come from will be from the '70s or later. The format will be the same as the original quiz, with 3 questions each in 3 levels of difficulty and a bonus question per level. Good luck!

'60s Songs
Level 1
1. I’ll buy you a diamond ring my friend if it makes you feel alright
2. How many years can a mountain exist/Before it’s washed to the sea?
3. I need you more than anyone, darlin'/You know that I have from the start

Level 2
1. I found an island in your arms/Country in your eyes
2. In school they all stop and stare/I can't hide the tears, but I don't care
3. So she buys an instant cake and she burns her frozen steak

Level 3
1. Step by step, I got a brand new walk/I even sound sweeter when I talk
2. Standing on the turnpike, thumb out to hitch hike/Take her to New York right away
3. He was big and bent and gray and old/And I looked at him and my blood ran cold

Bonus
Mary, oh what a sweet girl/Lips like strawberry pie

New Millennium Songs
Level 1
1. Looking back on the things I’ve done/I was trying to be someone
2. I'm coming out of my cage/And I’ve been doing just fine
3. I’m your operator, you can call anytime/I’ll be your connection to the party line

Level 2
1. Call my name and save me from the dark
2. No one ever said that it would be this hard/Oh, take me back to the start
3. Now all that's left of me is what I pretend to be/So together, but so broken up inside

Level 3
1. I don’t want pity/I just want what is mine
2. When I whip with my hips you slip into a trance
3. Anger’s today’s fashion/So sing another song about bashing someone’s head in

Bonus
Better ask questions before you shoot/Deceit and betrayal’s a bitter fruit

Movie Songs
Level 1
1. Think of the tender things that we were working on
2. Now with passion in our eyes/There's no way we could disguise it secretly
3. With new pistons, plugs, and shocks I can get off my rocks

Level 2
1. Barely even friends/Then somebody bends unexpectedly
2. Once in your life you will find her/Someone who turns your heart around
3. Baby I could never steal you from another/It’s such a shame our friendship had to end

Level 3
1. Maybe I'm an open book because I know you're mine/But you won't need to read between the lines
2. Am I wrong?/Have I run too far to get home?
3. From my heart and from my hand/Why don’t people understand my intentions

Bonus
A higher voice has called the tune/Two hearts that lost the beat will now resume

Ok, that should keep everyone busy until either Monday or until I get my groove back. I'll post the answers to both quizzes on Monday. Thanks again for playing!

Comments

Mme.G said…
Thanks to your quizzes, I can no longer be proud of my "encyclopedic" knowledge of song lyrics! Grr.
Bailey said…
I really thought that I knew music.
I was wrong!
BeckEye said…
I'll give you all a pass on the bonus question for the movie songs category. The song was popular enough at the time, but it's from a movie that probably 15 people saw and that only one person owns on video - ME. Ha ha. But it amuses me to no end, so I threw it up there.

Gee, I feel bad now! I was worried that I was going to end up making this too easy but it seems that I'm stumping a lot of you!
Blake said…
Yeah, I have no clue. Had you had more songs with "baby" in the lyric I could have picked out the Britney Spears, NSYNC and Mandy Moore songs that I love to fall asleep to.

Blake
Bar L. said…
Ok, I am definitely your oldest reader. The only ones I know are some of the 60's:

Level 1
1. Beatles, Can't Buy Me Love
2. Dylan, Blowing in the Wind
3. ?

Level 2
1. Doors, Break on through
2. ?
3. ?

Level 3
1. ?
2. ?
3. Johnny Cash, A Boy Named Sue


The rest, I am clueless!
bookwormaddict said…
Hey!
Thanks for posting your Q's about Days. Just recently I got retuned in to the show and what's going on. First off Belle married Phillip and is pregnant by him (supposedly, but who knows?)! Shawn of course still insists that they're meant for each other. Nicole is still around and is wanting Sami to help her get back Brady whose engaged to Chole who has this burn or mark on her face that makes her self concuious. As for Jack really in the dying stage, I'm not sure......but after Jack asked Frankie to keep tabs on Jen I'm not sure what is going to happen.
I don't really like all the teens on Days.....espcialy what's her name..the snotty, rude girl! I do like Abby though.
I think there are still some people left on the island........and Tony is on the island.
Whew lots to catch up on I know. if you go to daysofourlives.com you can get a pretty good overview of what's been going on:)
bookwormaddict said…
Oh FORGOT reason Mimi is mad at Belle is because Rex heard her talking to Mimi about Mimi's abortion and so Rex left Mimi and left town..............of course now that Phillip and Mimi have talked about how Shawn needs to get over Belle, Phillip has been hinting to Mimi to hook up with Shawn.......:)
Okay, I'll bite on this one too.





.'60s Songs
Level 1
1. I’ll buy you a diamond ring my friend if it makes you feel alright

Beatles, money can't buy you love


2. How many years can a mountain exist/Before it’s washed to the sea?

The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind




Level 2

2. In school they all stop and stare/I can't hide the tears, but I don't care

Leader of the pack?




New Millennium Songs
Level 1
2. I'm coming out of my cage/And I’ve been doing just fine

The Killers - Mr. Brightside
3. I’m your operator, you can call anytime/I’ll be your connection to the party line

Pink - Get the party started


Movie Songs
Level 1
1. Think of the tender things that we were working on

Simple Minds, Don't you forget about me.
Prométhiûs said…
*thumbs up*
Sorry im more into rock and roll
Darth Daddy said…
I WHOOPED up on the movie songs!!
HURAY!!

Shannon
Darth Daddy said…
A pass on the bonus movie song?? Oh no no no no ..

I havent googled (I swear), but itsn't is Strange Twist of Fate, with Olivia Newton John and sone other dude?

Shannon
Darth Daddy said…
Ok just googled the movie bonus..

OH YEAH OH YEAH No alzheimers here!!!!
Thanks for the pick me up!!!

Shannon
BeckEye said…
Shannon, it's so awesome that someone got "Twist of Fate"! I love Two of a Kind. John and Olivia together again. Ahhhh. And that was John at his most handsome. (He still is - that was just an exceptionally good period for him, looks-wise, if not movie-wise.)

By the way, he's probably "the other dude" you're thinking of. But "Twist of Fate" was just ONJ by herself. She and John had a duet on the soundtrack called "Take A Chance".
BeckEye said…
Teri and Well Woman, not doing too shabby there! I'll post all the answers on Monday, after I've thoroughly driven everyone nuts. :)
Darth Daddy said…
It's odd now some of the songs, when you read the lyric clues, are just words. But others...as you read them, the notes just pop up in your head, as if you were reading them on the screen as well.

Twist of Fate is one of the songs I use when I go to the gym. John is cool, but completely ruined my Kelly Preston fantasies. I mean, man, how can anyone ever follow an act like that? Exspecially when he saved them by emergency landing his airplane after the engine failed.

Shannon
aNON said…
I don't know how this works - do we just post the answers (whichever ones we got?)

60's
Level 1
1. Don’t Know
2. Don’t Know
3. Build Me Up Buttercup.

Level 2
1. Don’t Know.
2. Don’t Know.
3. Don’t Know.

Level 3
1. Don’t Know.
2. Don’t Know.
3. Don’t Know.

Bonus
Don’t Know.

New Millennium Songs
Level 1
1. BSB-Shape of My heart
2. The Killers – Mr. Brightside
3. Pink – Get this party started

Level 2
1. Evanesence – bring me to life
2. Coldplay – The scientist
3. Kelly Clarkson – Hazel eyes

Level 3
1. Faith Hill - Cry
2. Destiny’s child – Bootylicious
3. Stroke 9 – Kick your ass?

Bonus
Don’t Know

Movie Songs

Level 1
1. Don’t Know.
2. The dirty dancing song
3. The grease song.

Level 2
1. Don’t Know
2. Don’t Know.
3. Purple rain.

Level 3
1. Don’t Know
2. Don’t Know
3. Don’t know


CRAP – I suck at this game. Maybe I'll do some homework when you post all the answers.