A Thanksgiving PSA

And now a very special Thanksgiving Day message from Tom Turkey:



I've never agreed with eating turkey, ever. Before I was a Scientologist I never agreed with eating turkey. And when I started studying the history of Thanksgiving, I understood more and more why I didn't believe in eating turkey.

You have to understand this. Here we are today where I talk out against drugs and psychiatric abuses of people, okay, against their will, of drugging children with them not knowing the effects of these drugs. Do you know what Tryptophan is? Do you know? Do you know now that Tryptophan is a street drug? Turkeys are being bought off of supermarket shelves every day. Do you understand that?

People. People...people...people. People! People. Here's the problem, people. You don't know the history of Thanksgiving. I do. All this tradition of turkey eating, saying it's giving thanks, it's all just masking the problem. If you understand the history of it, it masks the problem. That's what it does. That's all it does. There is no such thing as food that makes you tired. Food shouldn't make you pass out. This tryptophan, this is a mind-altering drug. This is dangerous. And the problem with the media and the Charlie Brown specials and all of that is that there's misinformation, okay? No one understands the history of Thanksgiving. No one understands the history of this turkey drug.

You people, you sit around your tables and gorge yourself on meat and you laugh. You laugh about how the men all fall asleep watching the football game. You're glib. You don't even know what tryptophan is. I've researched this. Do you know why turkeys were served at the first Thanksgiving? The Pilgrims were using this turkey drug to take advantage of the Indians. The Indians brought corn. Isn't that wonderful? Amazing vegetable, corn. A-maize-ing. And what did the Pilgrims do? They could've had buffalo, rabbit, deer...no, they had turkey. They gave these poor, unsuspecting Indians turkey so that when the tryptophan knocked them out, the Pilgrims could steal their land. Tryptophan was being used to mentally manipulate people long before mickeys and roofies. This is documented. These are facts. Historians don't know. The people at Butterball don't know. They haven't done the research. I have.

I know people who don't eat turkey on Thanksgiving. I've helped people get off turkey for good. I've gotten them off the tryptophan, and they're happy. Their lives are better for it. You owe it to yourselves to live the best lives you can, people. So, this year, don't knowingly feed your children, your friends, your loved ones...don't knowingly load them up with this substance. Be responsible. Put your mental health before tradition. Order Chinese or something. Just remember, no MSG. I love you all.

Inspiration = self-amusement + boredom + insomnia + Today show transcript

Comments

Neo said…
Becky -OMG! ROFLMAOPMP!!!!

OH MAN!

That was awesome!!!!

Thanks for the laughs!

Happy Thanksgiving

*hugs*
Anonymous said…
how do you get chinese takeout without MSG?...I tried it once and all I got was an empty bag
Lee Ann said…
Beck, that is good, soooooo funny. You have me laughing, so hard. Thanks I needed that.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Martin said…
That is what true satire is. Terrific job! Nothing shows how nutty our real world is by transposing things. B)
Bar L. said…
My entire family enjoyed this one!!! They heard me laughing and came running to see what was so funny.

You are the QUEEN of satire!
Funny stuff and I actually thought it was Tom was going off for all of two lines. I complete forgot about the Today Show rant about Brooke, drugs and Lord knows what else.

I read this morning how he brought Katie a sonogram machine and I thought *that* was the joke item.
In South Park, things are a little different...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/24112005/364/south-park-pokes-fun-tom-cruise.html
Anonymous said…
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tom is such a whack job!
THat was aso-fucking-lutely amazingly fuuny! creative genius, even!
LoraLoo said…
Loved it! Tom Cruise is a complete idiot.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Unknown said…
Laughing my ass off. This is funny. MInd if I link to it?
Anonymous said…
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, I just burned a few more calories with a good laugh!
OMG, that was brilliant! Why don't Tom Cruise jokes ever get old or unfunny? Man, you nailed that on the head! Good job!
Aginoth said…
He's completely barking mad !!!
Tom Cruise needs to be dry fisted.
SabinePsynopsis said…
But Tom, if I don't get my tryptophan I get cold turkey!!!
Moxie said…
Still funny even 4 years later.