Forgotten Classic Video of the Week

Heyyyy, forgotten classics on the way! But you know what else is classic? My caption contests! Don't forget to enter this month's after checking out the vids.

Since I skipped a week recently, I'm doing a two-fer this week. Last month, my friend (and NYC's best kept power pop secret) Johnny posted a video on my Facebook page. It was Bourgeois Tagg's 1987 Top 40 hit "I Don't Mind At All," which I didn't recall at all. I'm glad he introduced me to it though, because it's a pretty, rather Beatlesque song. Does anyone remember this one?



Even though I'd never heard of that song, I did recognize the name Bourgeois Tagg, so I looked them up on YouTube. It didn't take me long to find their lower-charting 1986 single, "Mutual Surrender (What A Wonderful World)," another of those songs that had been purged from my memory yet immediately came back upon hearing the first note. It was never a huge favorite of mine, but I liked it well enough. It's got kind of a cool, funky groove. But wow, do these guys look like a bunch of over-performing, creepy douchebags here, as opposed to their "introspective" vibe in the previous vid.

Comments

I haven't heard the name Bourgeois Tagg in like 20 years. I saw them open for Heart in the 80s and I don't remember a single thing. This is not a very helpful comment.
Paticus said…
I don't remember the second song, but I do remember "I Don't Mind At All". I love that tune,actually. I still listen to it fairly often.
Johnny Yen said…
Wow-- I heard this one in the clubs a lot, but never knew who did it! Thanks!
I can't listen to that song on this computer, but it has me curious. I remember lots of music from 1987 . . .
Richard said…
I have absolutely no recollection of this band at all. I'm sure I'd have remembered that rather "special" second video!