Stream of Consciousness Friday

So, can we still sing "It's Friii-eeee-day, Friiii-eeee-day," every Friday, or is that officially over? Should we all be out planking instead?


Have you ever seen a dress made out of wee-wee pads? If you answered "yes," you either know some very interesting people or you watched last night's Project Runway. If you answered "no," perhaps you should check out my Project Runway recap over on Starpulse.


And while you're clicking bright, shiny links, don't forget to vote in this week's iPod war.


Why do we say that someone was ON a television show but IN a movie?


The Change Up looks so bad. So so bad. Isn't the body-switching plot well dry yet?


I signed up to be an extra in a certain comic book-based movie currently being filmed in Pittsburgh, but I haven't received a call back yet. I'm guessing I'll never be getting that call. Dreams of meeting/marrying Gary Oldman? Dashed, yet again.


Speaking of things shot in Pittsburgh, I can't believe this horrible new show, Dance Moms, is taking place right in my backyard. It's on right after Project Runway, but as soon as I see the opening seconds—which usually consist of heavily made-up little girls crying and some evil blob of a woman braying at them like a donkey—I have to angrily turn it off. And don't even get me started on Toddlers & Tiaras and this French Vogue 10-year-old sexpot scandal. Does a society that keeps allowing this kind of "entertainment" even have the right to be shocked when teen girls develop eating disorders and/or end up pregnant?


Are there people who actually like Blake Lively? How is this broad famous? How is she dating Leonardo DiCaprio? He's one of our generation's finest actors and she has maybe one or two more facial expressions than Kristen Stewart. Seriously, did anyone see The Town? Thank God she was only in it briefly. I was waiting for her to just look straight into the camera and say, "I'm a BAD girl! I do drugs! I'm slutty! I have a baby! Can't you see how wicked bad I am??" I don't know about everyone else, Blake, but I can see how bad you are.


On Wednesday, some idiot sent out a phony press release stating that Etta James had died. Said idiot posted the news on an impostor TMZ site, which has since been taken down. Harvey Levin will no doubt bleed the impostors dry, and I have no sympathy for them because Etta's my girl!! While Etta is still alive, she's unfortunately in very poor health, suffering from leukemia and dementia.


Sadly, Annette Charles, who played Grease's Cha Cha DiGregorio, did pass away on Wednesday. Kenickie went earlier this year, and now Cha Cha's gone?? Can someone please keep an extra close watch over John Travolta?

Comments

VEG said…
You know, you're totally going to hate me for this but I thought Blakely Lively was really good in The Town. Convincingly slutty and drugged up. I don't watch that abominable Gossip Girl thing though (yet I still know it's abominable, go me!) so maybe you're right. But I thought she did a good job. SO THERE>
Alice said…
HA! "she has maybe one or two more facial expressions than Kristen Stewart." that is the best / most accurate description of blake lively EVER.

i can't watch that dance show, either. just watching the commercials on fast forward make me angry.
Macy said…
I heard (oh OK pedants I read) somewhere that Blake Lively had dropped Leo for Marc (Mr Lopez) Anthony.
Then gone back to Leo.

Is there nothing we can do to help wee Leo DiCaprio and what must be his chronic lack of self esteem?

I mean...you know....sighs and goes back to sulking....
Unknown said…
i just read about Annette Charles and it made me said, even though I dont think I had seen her since Grease.

And I totally agree on Blake Lively -- loved The Town except for her, and avoided Green Lantern because of her. annoying waif. And I think the Kristen Stewart comparison is good, both are statues when i t comes to acting.
Scope said…
I nominate you to keep a close eye on Mr. Travolta.

Very close.

Heck, go for "danger close".

It's for his own good.
So. Cal. Gal said…
What I don't understand is how that cow become a dance teacher? I've never seen the show but her ego is enough to make me mute the commercials.

And someone recently posted on FB that Lady Gaga had died...I was sad when I found out it wasn't true. : P
I understand that Jason Bateman has been referring to his own movie as really shitty. I almost want to see it know, just for his refreshing candor.
Johnson said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Travis Cody said…
I hadn't heard about Annette Charles.

And thanks for the warning about that dance show. My dance plate is plenty full with DWTS and SYTYCD anyway.
"she has maybe one or two more facial expressions than Kristen Stewart."

YES. Also she can't TALK. It always sounds like she's struggling to enunciate through a mouthful of peanut butter.
Cora said…
Yeah, why do we say someone was ON a TV show but IN a movie?.... And why do we park on driveways, but drive on parkways?....

*walking away looking confused*
Luda said…
Planking is so last month. Now everyone's owling.
gennifer6 said…
I had a small heart attack when I saw you wrote "Etta James died". There's a reason to read the whole paragraph first.
Love this post...

ok so I have to admit, I watch Dance moms..

It's so bad, that I can't look away. and I have lived in that world withmy daughter, albeit briefly. So I can kinda feel for the moms even thought they are complete idiots for paying Ursula the Sea witch to traumatize teir children and them.

No ChaCha or Kenickie? oh how sad.
Like Veg, I thought Blake L was good in The Town too, but that doesn't stop me from assuming that she might be an idiot. For all I know Leo is an idiot too, but with a better publicist.

And I'm shocked and ashamed to discover that I was unaware there was a new season of Project Runway. I'm officially signing off the blogs this very second to see if I can get caught up with On Demand. Holy crap!