Weekly iPod Wars: Battle #4

Although last week's battle drew kind of a lame voter turnout (but I can't really bitch too much because I've been a lame blogger of late), Squeeze became the first two-time winner with their easy triumph over the much lesser-known Flesh For Lulu.

Can Glenn, Chris and the boys make it three weeks in a row? It's possible, but the lads-next-door are up against a snarling tough guy this go-round: Billy Idol! Hey, another British artist! Imagine that! My iPod's anti-American leanings surely have placed me on a watch list of some kind.

Vote for your favorite in the comments section.(Yes, I'm still promising to get you people a fancy poll in the near future.)

Song #1: "I Can't Hold On," Squeeze

VS.

Song #2: "To Be A Lover," Billy Idol

Comments

So. Cal. Gal said…
Yup, still Squeeze. Not an Idol fan. All his songs sound the same to me.
Scope said…
I will have to go with William Broad. Even though I understand he is a bit idle.
I'm not a fan of either choice, but if I put on my blinders and listen strictly to the songs offered, I have to go with Billy Idol.
I would have probably voted for any other Billy Idol song (except Flesh For Fantasy) - your iPod did Billy no favors. But Squeeze gets it.
Billy said…
Neither of these songs are in my "favorites" category for said performer, although I TOTALLY agree with @words... that "Flesh for Fantasy" is absolute shite.

I'll give the edge to Billy Idol for being the original Lady GaGa.
Macy said…
Sigh. Tough one. Not which I like best, but which I hate least.

I'll go with Squeeze to show there's no hard feelings from last week.
I'm going with Squeeze...

Every time I think if Billy Idol, I think of that dinky impersonator on "The Wedding Singer".
Cora said…
BILLY IDOL!!!!!

I haven't heard that song since 9th grade, I think. Wow. Feeling old right now, but totally loving the song anyway.
I vote for Idol. His song is sexified and the other one is corny-city.

Idol has more V.D. too.